Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Winter Blessings

Every year around this time I start playing my favorite game: What's the weather going to be in Austin today? I can't help it. I'm just not made for cold weather and I pine for the warm days of summer. This year, however, I've decided to do things differently. Instead of pining, I'm going to take a moment to think about all the things about winter that make me happy. Here goes.

1. Slammin' boots. And I got a new pair this year. They're a chestnut brown, knee high, and they have a gold buckle on the top so they look supper cute with tight jeans.

2. Hot chocolate and tea always sound good. These are two of my favorite drinks and it just gets too hot in the summer to drink them, but I can drink them anytime the mood hits me now.

3. Snuggling under a down comforter. Really, is there anything better?

4. With it being so cold outside, I don't feel bad about indulging in more inside activities like, say, reading and writing.

5. Baking! I always do more baking when the thermometer dips and there's nothing like being surrounded by the aroma of something in the oven whether it be sweet or savory.

So, yes, these are my favorite things about winter. Do you have any? Or are you one of the people who prefer the cold and have to come up with a list for scorching days of summer?


2 comments:

  1. Those are all my favorite things, too! I have three pairs of knee high boots, but I'm still looking for a white pair with pom poms on the strings!

    I love hot chocolate and tea, and I do bake but I'm not very good at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have white ones either. The ones you describe do sound very cute. I'll keep my eyes open and let you know if I find any. Don't give up on the baking. It just takes practice.

    ReplyDelete