Sunday, November 11, 2012

So what now?

                                 There's always something about release weeks.  No matter how well they're scheduled, how meticulously they're planned, they always seem to be a whirlwind of chaos.  So you can imagine how crazy one is when it's competing with other things in the author's life.

Bond Betrayed was released on the 7th, which was fantastic.  But even better was that the 8th was my husband's and mine 15th anniversary.  We celebrated this weekend by watching Wreck it Ralph (in all its 3-D glory) and having a fancy...okay....fancy-ish...dinner with our two kids.  It was a super cute movie and a lovely dinner.  And it marked the end of the craziness of release week.  Which left me asking, so what now?

Of course, there's still more promo for Bond Betrayed the coming weeks and with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up I've got more than enough to keep me busy, but what fun would busy be if there wasn't some new story in the works.  And there is!

I'm currently working on the next story in the Ink world.  The first one was Izzy and Jacob's story with Ink in the Blood (which is on sale at Amazon for $0.99 if you haven't had a chance to read it yet).  Next was Izzy's sister, Nikki, in the just released Bond Betrayed.  And so, when I started the third book I decided to stick with family for it as well.  Only instead of the Rathe family, I decided to switch to the Marrows and focus on Molly and Thomas.



My fascination with Molly and Thomas started while I was writing Bond Betrayed.  No spoilers but they're both in Nikki and Isaac's story.  And it continued even after I wrote Nikki's and Isaac's happy ending.  I knew deep down in my heart that Molly and Thomas were perfect for each other.  But how would their story start?  Could Molly forgive Thomas for his deception?  And could Thomas ever see her as anything other than the damsel in distress that needs him for protection?

Well of course they could!  They'll have to.  Because Molly, as damaged as she is, is brave and strong.  Thomas is a smart cookie.  They'll get their act together.  I'm willing to bet my next book on it ;)  And, because they're both born and bred in the Community and have lived in the lighter shades of gray that differentiate the good from the bad in that world, oh what a book it's shaping up to be!

If you want to get caught up in the Ink world here are links to the first two books:




No comments:

Post a Comment