Monday, May 18, 2009

The in-laws are coming! The in-laws are coming!

For the past month and a half my mother and father in-law have been abroad, but they're coming home this Wed.  And since my husband's picking them up at the airport, they'll be coming back to our house for a quick dinner before he takes them home.  That means I’m going to be cleaning for the next two days!

I’m not a slob and my in-laws aren’t neat freaks, okay they are neat freaks but they don’t expect me to be a neat freak, but I still feel a certain obligation to have things cleaned to a certain standard whenever they come over.  And with two small kids, a cat, and a dog, it’s not an impossibly high standard either.  I’m okay with the scattering of toys, and the occasional pile of unopened mail, but the dust bunnies and sticky residue my boys leave on every surface must be eliminated.  And, since my father in-law is allergic to cats, the slip covers have to be washed and the floors vacuumed. 

And the dinner?  My husband is such a doll.  He grilled chicken breasts last night and stuck them in the freezer, so all I have to do is throw some couscous on the stove and throw the chicken in the microwave on Wed.  Add a vegetable and voila, an easy peasy dinner! 

Now, since I’ve already gotten the front room picked up and vacuumed, the dishes done, and the laundry caught up, I’m going to go write.  

If you’re looking for something interesting to read on this fine day  Grayson Reyes-Cole and Cora Zane have new releases out!  Yes, they both have new books in addition to the ones I posted about last time!  I know, they’ve been busy.  I’m in awe.  One note, the anthology Cora’s short story is in is erotic so you have to be 18 to buy it.  

Happy reading all!

2 comments:

  1. Aaahhh! The in-laws! I have two sets, since everyone is divorced and remarried. When they make their appearance, my home turns into a sparkling castle. Then they leave and the three kids take over. LOL Toys, dust bunnies, and dishes; we have the life. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I felt bad hunting my dust bunnies today. But in the end they had to go. It was funny yet sad, my four year old came into the front room after I was done and said, "Mommy, why is this room so clean." I just laughed.

    ReplyDelete